Thursday, December 3, 2009

Desparate for help with Vista and my TV?

Since ATI and Powercolor are completely useless, I'm hoping someone here can help. I have a home theatre PC running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. The graffics card is a Powercolor x1600 pro with outputs for HDMI and VGA. My TV is a Maxent 50" plasma. The tv works with PC's and supports 720x480, 1280x720 and 1920x1080i. I can get a monitor to work fine with the VGA output but the HDMI does absolutely nothing. Not even at startup. (the tv accepts HDMI, RGB, Component and RS-232) Windows will not recognize the tv by itself or as a second monitor. I really need the HDMI to work and am getting desparate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks



Desparate for help with Vista and my TV?nba fantasy





The only direction I can point you in is...



Go into your settings on your video card and make sure you've told it to use the HDMI port instead of the VGA. Often times, you have to tell it which output you wish to use.



Same goes for the tv. You have to tell it which input you're wanting to use.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish