Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do i require a TV licence to watch programs through internet?

I am a student and I dont have a TV in my room. But I watch movies and other videos through PC and internet.



Do i require a TV licence to watch programs through internet?nba mock drafts





it is not the fact of whether you watch or not.



it all comes down to if you have a reciever capable of recieving the terrestrial channels.



the licence fee also covers radio, so even a radio in your room would require a licence.



so if you have a tv card, then you legally need a licence



Do i require a TV licence to watch programs through internet?nba street ,nba teams



No. The TV License fee is for a TV set. Although it is true the license allows the holder of such to view television pictures, this cannot apply to the Internet. A new and very much opposed license would need to be issued - one allowing the citizen to go on-line.



Civil war then?
Yes... and if you don't believe me... don't buy one and get a hefty fine or worse!



If I've had to pay for one the past 45 years... then so should you!



However you watch... you pay... ok?
When you say my room do you live at home or in other accomodation?It makes a big difference.
if your pc can recieve tv ie channels 1,2,3 etc you according to tv licence have to pay. think they can check where signals are pickup from but not sure
This is an FAQ from TV Licensing:



What if I only use a TV to watch videos/DVDs/as a monitor for my games console? Do I still need a licence?



You need to notify us in writing that this is the case and one our Enforcement Officers may need to visit you to confirm that you do not need a licence.



Please write to us including your name, address and the reason you believe that you don't need a licence at:



TV Licensing



Bristol



BS98 1TL



Best thing to do is to get a definitive answer from TV Licensing (https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/gethelp/cu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish